Chitika

Friday, December 30, 2011

Pinterest Project No. 2: Glittered Heels

So for my next Pinterest project, I pinned this tutorial for glittering your shoes to cover scuff marks or just to revive an old pair. Wish I had discover this before I donated dozens of my scuffed shoes a few weeks back. Oh well...








So I took out my favorite slingbacks which now had scrapes and scratches that could only be revived by bringing it to a shoe repair shop (which usually costs as much as a new pair!).




With such sexy colors, this pair are worth reviving!

The tutorial called for Modge Podge which for the life of me has not reached our shores up to now! So I used an all-purpose glue diluted with a few drops of water and red glitter which came in a handy-salt-shaker container.






Brush on the diluted glue. Didn't want to cover the entire heel because
I love, love the red color of the heels!



"Pepper" the glue part with the glitter


I put on 3 coats of glue and glitter. You can do more, just make sure to let the
glue dry in between coats. The glue dries on clear so don't worry about
the white streaks.




When the glue has totally dried up, spray the glittered area with a
clear gloss acrylic to waterproof the shoes. I find my makeshift spray area
quite funny!



Done! Accidentally sprayed the ribbon here with acrylic and it made
the material look shiny and new so I sprayed the entire shoe!



Just in time for the festive season!
Can't wait to wear this for the New Year's!
 signature

1 comment:

  1. Your article, no doubt, is very informative and easy to read. i recommended it to others also

    Skip Hire Belfast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...