Chitika

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A Pinterest Addict: My Story

http://www.flickr.com/photos/goodncrazy


Have always been a giddy crafter---I think as early as kindergarten with all those animal clay projects we made back then---and my giddiness usually reaches its peak around Christmas. So last November, I was surfing the net for great handmade gift ideas when I came upon an MSN.com article recommending to visit this crafter's dream site: Pinterest!


What is Pinterest?
Pinterest is a Virtual Pinboard.
Pinterest lets you organize and share all the beautiful things you find on the web. People use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, and organize their favorite recipes.
Best of all, you can browse pinboards created by other people. Browsing pinboards is a fun way to discover new things and get inspiration from people who share your interests. 
It was love at first sight! I think that day I spent an entire afternoon just perusing the hundreds of pins in Pinterest particularly in the DIY & Crafts section. Oh and the dozens of free crochet tutorials! Yes, FREE! Plenty to go by for my crochet jewelry business...♥! 

Problem was Pinterest has a "By Invitation Only" membership and despite my several requests for the invitation, the e-mail never came...well at least for the next 5 days I was waiting for it (patience isn't one of my virtues---especially for a new addict like me). The answer to my prayer for the coveted Pinterest invitation came in the form of a cyber angel: Megan of sortacrunchy.net! Was desperately searching the net on how to snag an invite when I came upon Megan's blog explaining about Pinterest and at the end of her post, she promised to send an invite to everyone who comments! Ask and you shall receive!

So I've been a member for a week now with 11 boards and I'm luv, luv, luvin' it! And that is why I have dedicated a blog to chronicle the many, many craft ideas I have pinned and will soon be doing from Pinterest. This way I hope to get more people become a Pinterest addict, too and start loving and doing everything handmade!

And so...My name is Milli and I'm a Pinterest addict. 
 signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...