Chitika

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Milli's Corner: Star Wars Birthday Invitation

If you're little one is as obsessed to anything Star Wars like my son Marti is, you'd probably thought of giving a Star Wars-themed birthday party to him/ her and that's why I thought of sharing here the Star Wars birthday invitation I made back in 2006 for Marti's 7th birthday. 
So this was the front view of the invitation. The left side is a flap of
gold paper printed using inkjet printer. The right side is a photo
of Darth Vader. Didn't have a scanner back then so had this
printed at a Kodak kiosk.



Was aiming for a funny twist in the invitation so I took a naughty picture of Marti and superimposed it to a photo of Darth Vader via Photoshop. I got inspired by this movie poster of the Revenge of the Sith where they used the halves of the faces of Anakin Skywalker and Darth Vader. 


This is the inside view. Used Photoshop to superimpose Marti's naughty pic with that of
Darth Vader's which was inspired by a movie poster for Revenge of the Sith. His
classmates and friends loved this (I think the adults did, too)!

Got creative in the texts too :) in the RSVP, I used some of the movies characters' names like Queen Amidala became Queen AMILLIdala (that's me hehehe), Jar Jar Binks became CHAr char Binks (my sister Cha, she did not find this funny at all, LOL!) and Anakin Skywalker into AnaLYN Skywalker (for Marti's nanny Lyn).

Make the texts stand out too by making them personal with
a Star Wars flair!


Here are some of the photos from the party. I also designed the tarpaulin poster there (also inspired by Revenge of the Sith) with Marti beside Darth Vader. Marti wore his beloved Darth Vader costume, a gift from our Aunt in the States, with the helmet playing the voice of Vader. Two of Marti's baby cousins had to be brought out of the place because they got so scared of his costume :D

Sorry for the blurred pictures as we didn't have a high-res camera
back then. That's Marti in the middle wearing his beloved
Darth Vader costume. 

That's me, my young cousin Chio, Marti and
my Grandmother Mommyla

It was a lot of work as I had to make by hand all the 50 invitations aside from choosing a caterer, hiring a host and preparing 100 loot bags! To top it all off I got the flu on that day and I had to be the official photographer too! But it all paid off seeing how Marti was so happy and had such a great time back then, having his dream of a Star Wars birthday party :)

 signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...