Chitika

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pinterest Project No. 4: Shampoo Free Week












Now I can truly say that I have indeed been brave! I survived a week of no shampoo for Pinterest's and blogging's sake!

For the uninitiated, allow me to explain. First of all, no shampoo doesn't mean I didn't take a bath for a week nor did it mean that I did not wash my hair at all. Otherwise, I would've ended up in the hospital :D Second, no shampoo means not using commercial shampoos to clean your hair instead, opting for natural hair cleaners. 


Tsh Oxenreider of Simplemom.net did a marvelous blog post on the 'Poo Free movement that I got so curious to try it. Okay, I have been known to be a little uptight and insecure when it comes to my hair as thin and sparse as it already is. Worse, it tends to get greasy near the end of the day despite shampooing in the morning that's why I claim that I have been braved in trying this. 

It is unbelievable that it only takes 2 kitchen ingredients to naturally clean your hair! For Tsh's recipe of natural hair cleaners, click here.

So here are 2 pictures of how my hair looked like when trying this recipe:
Day 3

Day 6. Still not greasy whew!

Was really surprised that my hair and scalp weren't greasy at all and even smelled powdery (according to my son who was much more brave than me in helping me find out the smell of unshampooed hair LOL!) The only thing I noticed that my naturally curly hair somehow became tamed without frizz (although I did use a straightening iron for the day 6 picture). 

I'm a believer now but sad to say I'm not yet a convert because on the 7th day I really, really had to shampoo my hair! Tough habit to break :( But I would do this probably on a week-per-month basis to somehow "reboot" my hair and scalp.

If you can be brave too, let me know when you try this!




























 signature

2 comments:

  1. I'm just commenting to let you know what a extraordinary encounter my cousin's child found reading through yuor web blog. She came to find so many things, not to mention how it is like to possess a great helping character to have other individuals without difficulty know just exactly several specialized matters. You actually exceeded readers' expected results. Thanks for supplying these productive, trusted, educational and easy guidance on that topic to Evelyn.
    Milodon 30970 Steel, Gold Zinc Plated Street and Strip Oil Pan for Big Block Chevy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John,

    Was checking out my blogs after being away from quite some time and saw your lovely comment!

    Glad to be of help to Evelyn (is that the name of your cousin's daughter?)and thansk for visiting my blog. Hope you'll come back often.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...